Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blog #49: Sad Songs

It's a sad song kind of day. I am inexplicably down. I allowed myself in a moment of weakness to wallow in something that I thought I was past and it grabbed ahold of me and now won't let go. Perhaps I didn't give myself enough time to process and work through it the first time and this is my psyche's way of saying that I'm not quite over it. Whatever it is, I'm accepting it for today. I always try to break the pattern of feeling sad by fighting it and posting happy thoughts and listening to happy music, but that's not really dealing with it. So, today is kind of a sad day. That's okay though because I'm pairing it with gratefulness and hope, so things are fine. Here are some of the songs I've got on repeat: Cold Hearted - Zac Brown Band Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri Insensitive - Jann Arden Someone Like You - Adele Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy Standard Lines - Dashboard Confessional Cut Here - The Cure Loving Ghosts - Vedera Torn - Natalie Imbruglia A Little Bit Stronger - Sara Evans Goodbye To Love - The Carpenters Must Have Been Love - Roxette Against All Odds - Phil Collins They are good songs to enjoy when you're feeling a little broken hearted. Let the sadness do its thing and then move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment