Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blog #44: I will be glad when this March Madness thing is over.

There are so many status updates and tweets that I just don't understand or care about right now. Today's blog is brought to you by Procrastination - slowing Marissa's productivity since 1984. All I need to do is write a dinky 3 page paper for my Research Design class. I could probably get it done in an hour - 2 tops. Let me tell you the story of my day avoiding writing this paper. I got up at a decent hour and went to church with the fam. With windows down on the way home to enjoy the first day of Spring, I stopped at Sonic for my customary post church drink. I got home and promptly watched a few episodes of Scrubs. Then I read a couple chapters of Rob Bell's latest (I'm controversial like that) and accidentally took a nap. (Note, in this context, accidentally means "put down my Kindle, turned to my side, and closed my eyes until I dozed off.") When I awoke from my nap I walked out into my living room to find that somehow my front door hadn't latched and the breeze from my open screen door had forced it to be open. Now, I have no clue how long my apartment was completely available to thieves and murderers and rapists as I slept, but I do know that my cat is not an adventurer and was hiding out under the dining room table. He did not trust the outside world and did not run off, thank goodness. So then I thought I should really buckle down on my paper but wouldn't a workout be great first? I did my first day of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I do not know what I ever did to piss Jillian off but for some reason she has it out for me. During the floor/abs portion of the workout I noticed how awful my carpet looked. It desperately needed vacuuming. That would have to happen before I could get anything else done. I drove to my parents' house and stole their vacuum because I don't have one of my own at this point. While I waited for the baking soda/oxyclean combo to settle before I vacuumed, I turned on some music and decided along with The Killers that I was more dancer than human. Finally, I got the apartment vacuumed but then had to drive the vacuum back to my parents' house. On the way back I was so proud of myself for getting that done that I stopped at Red Mango and got myself some delicious frozen yogurt and fruit. Now, here I am, back at home and ready to get busy. As soon as I finish this blog. Also, yesterday I got my hair cut. It looks like this: Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment