Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Blog #40: The guy with the power drill in the next office obviously doesn't realize how much I need to hear my music today.

But that's beside the point. It is my 40th blog. Before you panic and start to have post traumatic flashbacks of Blog #25 when I got it into my head that I was going to make a list of 25 things that ended up being long AND physically painful, let me give a disclaimer. I am not going to try to commemorate the number 40. Let's all collectively breathe a sigh of relief together. There, that's better. I've found that life at work gets increasingly dull when the boss is out of the office. I'm going to need to think of ways to spice things up on my own. I think I'll give each day this week a theme. Today doesn't count because it's snowy and gross and I just thought of the idea. Tuesday will be "Triumphant Tuesday." I will celebrate the things that I am good at. I will wear an outfit I'm particularly proud of, bring cookies because I'm the best at cookies, and listen to the playlists that I'm most proud of making. That works because so far it's the only day of the week that I have anything at Solace House, and I like to think I'm good at that too. Wednesday: "Warm Weather Wednesday". My outfit will be beach inspired and I'll enjoy an icy cold beverage (non alcoholic of course) at my desk. I'll also be listening to all of my favorite summer tunes, including "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys. Get there fast and take it slow. Thursday obviously is St. Patrick's day. I will wear green and probably also some leprechaun ears. Then that night I will drink some green beer because it is the right thing to do. I will consider eating corned beef but not cabbage because cooked cabbage is gross. I'll have the Elders playing all day though, maybe with a little Flogging Molly. Friday: Freak Out Friday - dance party all day long at my desk. Outfit to be slightly "club" inspired (though still work appropriate) and disco/80's tunes will be playing. Feel free to join me in any of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment