Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blog #38: Let's-a-go!

It's MAR10 today, which would be a lot more exciting if I got to spend it playing various forms of Mario Brothers video games . Instead, I'm at work putting numbers into spreadsheets and shopping online for a new bow tie for my boss so that he can meet Senator Moran (R-KS) in style. One time my best friend Catharine and I had an argument over who was the best at old school Mario Brothers but I'm pretty sure that ended in a tie. Yesterday, at approximately 3:15pm, the unthinkable happened. The smell of thickly buttered popcorn once again permeated my work area - the whole executive wing really. "WHY, GOD?" I lamented in anguish. I am hopeful that it was a one time occurrence but should the same faux paus be repeated, I'm going to have to get a little catty. "Can't you do that in the common break room? We'd rather not smell your fattening and unhealthy afternoon snack here in the executive wing." I need to get away. Thank the Lord for Southwest Airlines and my mini vacation planned in a mere 21 days (3 weeks!) Some wine would be really great right now. Come to think of it, there are several bottles in the bar in Bart's office and he is out for the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I would be more productive and all around likable if I took up morning drinking. I'm going to try my "be intentional about doing something nice for someone every day" plan for Lent again this year. Last night I brought treats to the Solace House gang. Let me know if you have any "random acts of kindness" ideas for me. The only thing I could give up right now that would actually be some kind of sacrifice would be coffee/caffeine, and that's just crazy talk. I'm a grad student who works full time. I'd kind of like to be able to function. If you read this far you should get a medal. Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment