Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blog #71: Now I know my ABC's

It's Monday and I have very few creative juices running through my brain at the moment. So, I'm going to borrow a fun little alphabet quiz from one of my favorite blogs, Health For the Whole Self, and call it good.

A is for Age: I'm 26. I was very excited to turn 26 last year because it seemed like the perfect age to me. It's grown up to the point where I start being seen as more sophisticated and mature but still young enough to be cool. I'm not sure how I feel about #27 coming up in October.

B is for Bed Size: When I moved into my apartment last year I made the very grown up purchase of a queen sized pillow top bed. It is glorious. Before that I'd had the same twin size daybed since I was 12 and it was actually just 2 mattresses on my floor at my duplex because when I'd moved there my stepdad forgot to bring the whole frame.

C is for cookie. That's good enough for me. It's also for "Chores you hate": I hate pretty much every chore except for mopping. For some reason, I really don't mind mopping. My loathing of chores is evidenced by the current atrocious state of my apartment. I'll suck it up and get it done soon though. I hate doing chores, but I love a clean living space.

D is for Dad's name: This is fitting, as Fathers' Day was yesterday. I'm lucky enough to have 2 amazing fathers in my life. My dad's name is Tim & my step dad is Terry. I'm blessed to have each of them.

E is for essential start to your day: Coffee is cliche but that is my answer. I don't have any until I get to work and use the Keurig though. One might argue that even though I've been up until then, I'm not really awake.

F is for favorite actress or actor: My favorites shift depending on what shows and movies I've most recently seen or obsessed over. I spent the weekend watching a lot of Gilmore Girls so I'll go with Lauren Graham for actress.. As far as actors go, George Clooney is a good pick.

G is for Gold or Silver: I like white gold for my fine jewelry (like my opal ring and cross necklace) but I have fun with yellow gold for fashion.

H is for Height: I'm 5'4. Technically I'm 5'3 and like 3/4 inch but my doctor lets me round up at my annual appointment. I appreciate that.

I is for Instruments: I took violin and piano lessons growing up but I didn't listen to my mom and quit them both by 8th grade. I wish I hadn't, especially with piano. I was in choir too. I still love to sing and am not a great talent, but I'm okay at it.

J is for Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO, Student Therapist, and Commissioner of the Super Uber World Series of Shuffleboard (at the office.)

K is for kids: I have 3 nephews who I love so dearly. I will make a fool of myself without hesitation to make a baby smile or laugh. So, yes, someday I'd like some of my own.

L is for Living arrangements: 1 bedroom apartment for now. I'm considering moving to Austin after I graduate with my Masters at which point I will likely be with my parents for a bit and then with a roommate.

M is for Mom's name: just as I am doubly blessed in the father arena, I'm lucky to have to mother figures in my life as well. My mom is Kari and I've been told on numerous occasion that I am just like her. It's a compliment. My stepmom is Tricia.

N is for Nicknames: Riss, Rissy, Risser, Mariss, and my camp name: Myrtle

O is for overnight stays in the hospital other than birth: I was 6 weeks premature so I had to stay a week in an incubator but I've had no health or injury issues other than that. Lucky me!

P is for Pet Peeves: shorthand grammar, unnecessary repetitive noises (especially lip smacking, knuckle popping, drumming on surfaces, etc)

Q is for Quotes you like, "Someday you will miss today" (from Stuff No One Told Me)

R is for right or left handed: I've always been a righty, though my desire to be different makes me wish otherwise.

S is for Siblings: I have a bucketload. On mom's side: an older sister, 2 older brothers, and 2 younger sisters. On Dad's side: a younger brother and a younger sister. Peppered amongst those are a couple of sisters in law and a few nephews.

T is for Time you wake up: My alarm clock goes off at 5am on weekdays but I don't get out of bed until around 6. On weekends I get up around 8 or 8:30.

Apparently we're skipping U.

V is for vegetable you dislike: asparagus. and peas.

W is for ways you run late: I'm actually very rarely late. I'm sometimes later than I'd like to be but still early for work or class. If I'm running late I probably didn't want to get out of bed or couldn't find my car keys.

X is for X Rays you've had: I think just teeth.

Y is for yummy food you make: I think we all know that I am the queen of delicious cookies.

Z is for Zodiac: I'm a Libra, unless that thing from a few months ago means I'm a virgo or something. I don't know. I only ever read horoscopes when I would get my monthly fashion magazines... and now I barely even ever have time to read those.

That's a wrap, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment