Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Blog #67: Monday Adventures

This morning, after I  somehow some way managed to pry myself from my bed, I went into the bathroom to begin the process that is my morning grooming. I used an Oil of Olay face wipe because I was bad last night and didn't wash my face. After a once over, I was sure that I'd somehow streaked mascara or eyeliner under my eye. I wiped at it for a few seconds before I realized...

There wasn't anything on my face. My undereye circles have reached a new level of intensity. If at 26 I manage to look like someone punched me right in the face after a weekend of playing with kids and petting therapy dogs, I'm going to need to invest in some serious cucumber slices or I will look like the Angel of Death by the time I'm 40.

So this is the kind of Monday it's going to be.

I slept in too late to engage in any sort of hair washing or styling so I ran a brush through it and called it good. I wanted to wear jeans but I have clients after work so instead I grabbed a pair of drawstring corduroy cropped pants I've had since high school. They are technically too big for me. I can tell that it's a size issue and not just the way they're supposed to fit because I have to pull the drawstring to its tightest to get them to stay around my hips and the fabric gets all bunchy. It's incredibly sexy.

From bed to door this morning was right at about 15 minutes - and I didn't even have my outfit laid out in advance. That is, if you can call shapeless pants and a black tshirt an outfit. Thankfully red shoes are easy additions as well as my glasses, a bright cardigan and a necklace so I can kind of pretend that I'm very put together when really I know that I'm really just a slob today.Bonus, the glasses help cover up my death eyes. There's also  good chance that I still smell slightly like bug spray from the bath I took in it prior to my last day at Camp Erin yesterday. My diligence paid off. I had zero ticks and only one bug bite.

I have some random bruises on my legs causing me discomfort. One is a recurring bruise from when I reach into my car to get something from the passenger side and the door swings shut on my shin. This happens about once a week. The other bruise is on my ankle from when I dropped a jar of jalepenos on myself. There are several others that are unidentifiable. It's an occupational hazard of having a high tolerance for pain but being an easy bruiser. I suppose it's my cross to bear.

Look at me! Exhaustion, bruises, undereye circles. Pull yourself together, Marissa!

I know this already got really long and sounded like an old lady but I did want to very quickly mention that The King and I at Starlight was delightful! Ash & I had a delicious dinner with some yummy drinks (sangria for me, virgin sangria for her and little Smith), and great conversation. And I know you're all wondering, and yes, I did cry like a baby at the end of the show. It was a very emotional weekend. Oh, who am I kidding. I would have cried anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment