Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog #8: A different kind of "'Tis the Season"

I've been so busy at work the past two days that my boss actually told me to chill because I was stressing him out. I can't help myself, I have to get everything on my daily whiteboard done or we will face Armageddon and then Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis would have to save the world and I really can't ask that of someone just because I didn't answer a few emails. Besides, that movie makes me weep every time and I don't have time to cry right now. When busy at work meets end-of-semester pressure at grad school, you get a Marissa with really tight muscles in the neck/shoulder area. It would be easily solved if I didn't have this weird thing with massages. I just don't like strangers touching me. However, I had to figure out a way to be happy and cheerful and not demonstrate any tension because as the assistant I can't stress my boss out. Sounds a little silly but it's the nature of the job. I'm managing today by arriving at work super early and listening to my Christmas playlist on my iPod while I work leisurely to get caught up. When Josh Groban sings "O Holy Night" it's like the heavens open up and God smiles down on me. I always feel so vindicated in my Christmas music listening just after Thanksgiving because in all honesty I've been listening to it since November 1st and now everyone else is joining in. It's back to work now. Any ideas on stress relief? I have a morning yoga DVD still in its original wrapping because I can't manage to get up even 20 minutes earlier to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment