Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blog #11: Football Heartbreak & Free Chocolate

So everything I've read about being a successful blogger (which, oddly enough, was from several different blogs) says that to get a good readership you should update your blog regularly and consistently. I was all about this. I was going to write every Thursday. But then I got excited about it and wanted to write more. But then every day was just too overwhelming. And then I got busy with holiday stuff and work and finals. And then my Bearcats lost in the semifinals and I sunk to the pit of despair. I haven't quite pulled myself all the way out of the throws of depression but I'm trying. It's the first time since 2004 that the guys in green haven't played for the title. It is so upsetting. I was so upset that I drank 3 sweet tea vodkas (that were probably doubles in size) over the course of about 2 hours. Then I wasn't upset so much as I was drunk and sick. Boyfriend handled it well. At one point when I knew it was over and I jumped up and down and threw myself on the ground, somewhere in the back of my mind I was thinking "he's just going to leave now" and he didn't. Must be love. Anyhow, I'm slowly recovering from the devastation and to help, my boss sent me out with the company card yesterday to purchase all of the decorations for our Christmas party and then the prizes. Shopping is especially therapeutic when it is with someone else's money, though I don't think I get to keep any part of the $1500 dollars in merchandise that I purchased. I also placed a very large fudge order with Russel Stovers and thus got 2 boxes of free chocolate. FREE. CHOCOLATE. From Russel Stovers. I have eaten most of the first box by myself, but have been sharing just enough that people don't think I'm a pig. Here's to picking up the shattered pieces of life after a devastating football heartbreak and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment