Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog #26: List Recovery and a Nugget of Truth

I figured I would give the blog a few days to recover from that behemoth of a post Friday where for some unknown reason I thought it would be a good idea to try to make a list of 25 things. To be honest, I needed to recover a little bit too. To recap the weekend: I did end up taking myself to see Black Swan. It was VERY good. I went on Saturday morning and as is in keeping with my impressionable self, I spent the rest of the day wondering if I was going crazy too. Then, Saturday night I had my nephews over for games and fun. We played board games on the Wii and then some Uno and Donkey Kong. My 6 year old nephew was coloring and he looks up and goes "Um, what's your name again?" "I'm your Aunt Rissy."(It's not that I am such a bad aunt that he doesn't know me - more like he's just always been bad with names.) Then, just to have some fun, I asked him, "Do you remember my boyfriend's name?" "Tator Todd" See, mnemonic devices DO work. Then he finished coloring the book he was making, which turned out to be a counting book about a giant man eating scorpion. On each page, the scorpion was eating one more person than the page before. I found it both educational AND terrifying. Then we watched Despicable Me and called it a night. In the morning we ate Lucky Charms (which I think would be better if the not marshmallow pieces were also marshmallows) and watched cartoons. After that, my oldest nephew literally beat me at life. As in the game. Yes, at 10 years old, he is already more fiscally responsible than I am. Which, let's face it, is not that big of a surprise. I closed out the Sunday by watching the AFC and NFC championship games, proud that both the teams I liked won. So far this week, aside from basking in the wonder of my awesome new office, I've FINALLY gotten to start school and internship stuff. It's intense, but is going well. I actually have been putting off my Monday class, Research Design, for the entirety of my program because I dreaded it that much... and it's not really going to be all that painful. Things tend to not really be what we build them up to be. And now, for a joke that I heard the other day that I believe has such a nugget of truth in it that I should close out by sharing it with you. It's a his and her diary entry.

Her Diary Saturday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment.Conversation wasn’t flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong he said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry.

On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior; I don’t know why he didn’t say I love you too.

When we got home I felt as if had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched T.V. he seemed distant and absent.

Finally I decided to go to bed, about 10 minutes later he came to bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts where somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep. I don’t know what to do, I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

His Diary

Boat won't start. Can't figure it out, but at least I got laid.

so much truth! right?

No comments:

Post a Comment