Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blog #20: Snowy Apocalypse Part II: Electric Boogaloo

My war with the snow continues. Winter did not approve of the disparaging things that I published about it yesterday and chose to punish me today but I will not be silenced. I will continue to speak out against the unjust and corrupt season. Today I left my apartment at the ungodly hour of 5:40am to be sure that I could get to work by 7:00am (I know! It's practically the middle of the night!). As mentioned yesterday, it's typically a 25 minute drive but Winter can not be trusted. Anyhow, it was only 40 minutes yesterday and at 6:20am I was trying to get into our office building. The temperatures were frigid and I pulled on the door to find it... locked. Of course. So I proceeded to make my way to a different door in order to try to gain entrance. As I walked across the area, I slipped. And fell. And landed on my ass. And my arm, but it sounded better to say "and landed on my ass." But it was mostly my arm. Don't worry, I'm okay. Just bruised hand and pride. After all of that, the other office door was still locked but luckily my boss was already there so I called his cell phone and after he answered with a hatefully chipper "good morning!" I managed to stutter/shiver out the words, "c-c-c-can you com-m-me l-l-let m-me in?" And he did. I took about 30 minutes to defrost at my desk before it was time for the meeting, which is good because I was instructed to take "copious notes" and that's hard to do when your hand is frozen. Anyhow, I was supposed to start my internship tonight but they had to good sense to honor Winter and close their doors. Not my work. Stick it to the man, we do. Man, I envy teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment