Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog #22: A Case of the Mondays

I really don't like to talk about my flair. Today's blog is brought to you by the movie, Office Space. It's been a while since I've seen it but I feel that it accurately reflects the mood I'm in at work today. Trapped in cubicle hell in a neverending cycle of living for Friday only to be disappointed when you have to start all over again on Monday (though my boss is way better than the one on Office Space.) A nice, relaxing, and fun weekend sharply came to an end at 5:15 this morning when it was time to get up and leave Todd's house for work. I was worried that there might be weather so I left at 5:40 instead of the usual 6:30. However, it was just the basic hour and 15 minute drive so I was at work at 7am. I was half considering taking a page out of Ron Livingston's character's book and just not going to work anymore. I'm just... not gonna go. It's better than burning the place down. Sleep the past couple nights has been patchy at best, and for some reason my back is way achey and my shoulders are TIGHT dude. And I don't mean "tight" like when someone is saying how awesome something is. I mean that there are more knots in my upper back than in a room full of boy scouts trying to earn merit badges. Lately Mondays have been really rough for me. Rude awakenings at the end of such great weekends. And though the next weekend is only 4 days away, it's likely closer to 12 before I'll get to see boyfriend again because he's got a conference next weekend and classes/internship are starting up for me so weeknights together will be sparse. I find it increasingly exhausting and difficult to make it through the "in between" times. Such is life. One way or another it won't be like this forever, right? Anyhow, today is the kind of day that Karen Carpenter sings about (rainy days and Mondays always get me down.) and I feel very blah. I need some cheering up. Here are some things that would cheer me up (in no particular order and with varying levels of possibility): 1. Valentines candy. Specifically Sweetheart Tarts (not to be confused with Sweet Tart Hearts, which would also do the trick as long as they are the chewy kind.) 2. Bearcat football. Specifically a chance to redo the semi final game from December, then winning it, then going to the championship game in Bama, then winning that, then getting a new 2009-2010 back to back Bearcat Championship T shirt. 3. Going home... or back to Todd's to cuddle and watch TV some more. 4. Going to Target (which I am actually going to get to do today but I have to buy microwaves for work so I'm not sure that counts.) 5. Chiefs get a chance to replay the Ravens because the NFL called our game a "misgame" because of the crappy officiating. We go on to shock the world by winning 4 in a row and being the 2010 Season Superbowl Champions. 6. Weekends forever. Particularly a weekend just like this past one over and over again. 7. A surprise. But only a good surprise. 8. A bunch of good TV. I might actually get some of this tonight as there are a few more shows coming back this week. 9. A good book and the quiet time alone to read it. 10. A shopping spree. Without financial consequences. Mmm... new clothes would REALLY cheer me up. And shoes too. And a pedicure. I hardly think that's too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment