Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blog #98: Help me pick a theme song

Birthday excitement abounds as party day creeps up!

My birthday is actually Saturday but since that day is dedicated to the Bearcats and a marriage, I am celebrating Friday the 30th with margaritas at lunch c/o my boss who will finally get to meet my BFF.

I'm certain our outing will be legendary. It includes a hotel room downtown, three of the most fun and amazing ladies I know, and P&L. Who knows what will happen.

Thanks for assuring me I'm not crazy. I am putting aside my indecisive crazy for the weekend so that I can just relish and enjoy the moment, but will be back to weighing my options come Monday.

Since I'm about to start another year of life, it's probably time to start thinking of a theme song for the year. When I was 25, it was Jimmy Eat World's "Praise Chorus". (Side note: I LOVE Jimmy Eat World.) I can't quite remember if I picked one for 26... but I know I was especially connected to Scandal's "Warrior" and Wilson Phillips "Hold On" for a good portion of my year.

So what will it be for 27? Some that I've been considering:
"Waiting for My Chance to Come" - Noah and the Whale
"Don't Rain on my Parade" - Barbara Streisand
"Stay Young, Go Dancing" - Death Cab for Cutie
"Dog Days are Over" - Florence & The Machine

Those obviously aren't the only options... just a few that have been in mind. Wherever I end up, 27 is going to be a year for new experiences and adventures, I'm sure. Do you have any suggestions?

2 comments: