Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Blog #99: Sad Bearcat

I am so not ready to talk about the Pitt State game.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get there.

And because of that, I'm not even feeling up to talking about the Chiefs victory.

So, instead let me tell you this story from high school, that I feel is the perfect illustration to how I interact with the opposite sex.

My junior year of high school, my BFF and I had a double date of sorts with a pair of guy friends in whom each of us had our own interest. When I say "double date", I mean that we met them at the local Subway after one of my cross country meets, got our own sandwiches (I probably bought Cate's. I always did as long as she asked for hers to be cut in the "u-gauge" style.) and then sat at the table with the guys. So we were chatting it up and I had zoned out a bit and I guess they were talking about pick up lines.

So, the guy who I was there with turns to me, and illustrated that the distance from one shoulder to my neck, was the same as the distance from my neck to my other shoulder, where he then rested his hand. ("Did you know the distance from here to here, is the same as the distance from here to here?")

Failing to realize his arm was now around my back, I responded, "Well, DUH!"

And that's pretty much how almost every interaction with a male in my life outside my family has gone since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment