Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blog #113: I'm thankful for...

  • A job wherein I can legit say "we've got a photo shoot for our Fittest Exec Challenge today and wellness meeting at 7am tomorrow." In a time where anyone ought to be thankful to just be employed at all, I am beyond lucky to have a great job with a great boss that provides me different opportunities for learning and growth every day and allows me the flexibility to pursue my Master's degree.
  • The opportunity to pursue a Master's degree in a field I'm passionate about - complete with an internship that allows me the honor and the privilege to sit with people in intense moments of grief.
  • That I have never ever been hungry and wondered how I would eat.
  • That I have never ever been cold and wondered how I would get warm.
  • That I have never wondered if I would have a safe place to sleep.
  • That I have always been healthy (physically and for the most part mentally)
  • My wonderful and big family who I don't see as much as I wish I could. Every time I get to see them, I'm reminded of all the love we're so lucky to have for one another.
  • Grace & forgiveness that I couldn't earn if I tried.
  • The luxury of a safe and fuel efficient vehicle to carry me through my daily travels.
  • Friends near and far who will get excited about little things with me and take the time to indulge in little celebratory texts or phone calls - and the opportunity to do the same for them.
  • The ability to stay connected in busy times through texting or social media - with both my friends and my family.
  • A deep appreciation for music and books... and the resources to indulge in that appreciation.
  • Air travel and the resources/opportunity to use it to see long distance family for special days like Thanksgiving.
What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment