Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blog #77:Confessional

I have a confession to make. I have little to no interest in home aesthetics/decor. I don't really care if my apartment/room looks sassy or cool. I care if my bed or couch is super comfy and if I have high definition TV to watch football, but not about the color scheme of my living room or kitchen. I feel like this is a pivotal female trait that I'm missing. I'd rather spend money on music or experiences than on making my home look good. I guess it could be because not only do I rarely have guests, I also am rarely home myself. Plus, I am on the ridiculously messy side. Maybe I just lack the follow through to create a "space" of my own. Whatever it is, I don't feel any defined tug or yearning when I walk into a home furnishings store or see impeccably decorated rooms on the internet. My "for the home" pinterest pin board has I think one picture on it, and it's a funny break dancing floor sticker for a garage or something. Maybe later on in life as I get settled and grow up, it will be more interesting to me. For now, I'd rather not.

Here's another confession: I am straight up obsessed with country music right now. The Highway is my current favorite satellite station and I just spent about $30 on iTunes adding key country songs to my library. It makes me smile. I sing along. It's a little embarrassing because I don't think I've hit a country phase this hard since high school and I never really wanted to be one of those people that only listens to country... but nothing else even grabs me right now. Bring on Miranda Lambert, The Band Perry, Chris Young, Blake Shelton, Josh Turner, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Sugarland, all of it (except for Taylor Swift. I still won't go there, so help me God.)

Confession number 3: I claim to love both TV and football, but I never got into Friday Night Lights... UNTIL NOW. Oh. My. Gosh. I just got season 1 at Target ($10!) and watched the first two episodes last night and I AM SO IN LOVE I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. I don't know how I missed it when it was on but I guess it's a blessing in disguise because now I can watch all 5 seasons at my own pace and not have to wait for anything new to be released, which means I should be done with all of them in about 2 weeks or so. I plan on dedicating pretty much all of my free time to it.

This feeling of non-permanence, country music obsession, Friday Night Lights addiction, and recurring urge to wear cowgirl boots can only mean one thing: my move to Austin is creeping up on me. I just signed my new lease with my apartment complex, but only signed for 6 months. This means that I have 6 and 1/2 months left in Kansas City. Wow. Given that I feel like just yesterday was the New Year, I'd say that this is going to go really quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment