Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog #75: This one is actually kind of boring. sorry about that.

This weekend was different than I anticipated. Friday night I went to bed at 8:30pm. I was just beat, and even though it was a 4 day work week, I needed the extra rest. Plus, I had 2 beers at the office in the afternoon and although it did not make me drunk, it did make me sleepy.

I got up around 8 the next day and had a pretty productive Saturday. I made a stop into Ulta because I decided it was finally time to get in on this "dry shampoo" craze so that I can take more time between washing my hair. Honestly, not having dry shampoo hasn't kept me from skipping hair washings, but having it has now made my hair look better on the days that I do skip. It's a good thing that it's summer and I need to shave because otherwise I might not shower at all. It's just so darn time consuming. Not the shower itself, but all the stuff that you have to do AFTER a shower. I don't know about you but I'd much rather sleep in for another hour. Especially since I've been having trouble sleeping at night because of my new Criminal Minds habit. Don't worry though. I don't get stinky.

Saturday  night - I went out with Beth Ann. We had a sweet ride out with a black cowboy. Not Darius Rucker, though I thought he was the only one. Then we were at PBR all night and I had one too many Vodka Cranberry cocktails. This resulted in me sitting in front of a $15 buffet plate of just eggs and some pasta the next day for brunch with my family. I was not well. Note to self: eat dinner before a night out.

Aside from barely stomaching lunch, Sunday was noneventful as I was in full recovery mode. Yesterday was back to work and back to life as normal. You know, commissioning the shuffleboard tournament, questioning my boss about the large flame embellished inflatable hammer in his office.

Now, for countdowns:
I keep to only including things that are coming up in the next 90 days. Something I JUST found out about this morning is actually exactly 90 days away... my very first business trip! I'll be attending this big conference for my boss's industry in October.

So, in 90 days I join the world of traveling businessmen and women.

In 80 days I turn 27 (oh my.)

In 67 days I'm going SKY DIVING in Colorado. (The more I say it, the more I HAVE to do it.)

In 60 days I'll be going to the Bearcat home opener.

I MAY have some August excitement!: In 24 days there's a chance the BFF will come spend the weekend! Please say yes. Late August/early September still needs some love though.

In 19 days I'll be competing in the Warrior Dash. (I use the term "competing" loosely. I'm really just in it for the viking hat.)

In 18 Days I'll be seeing ZBB at Arrowhead. Field seats. That's what I'm talking about.

In just 3 days I get a night out with my former roomie (who is still currently one of my favorite people.) We're going to enjoy a little dinner, a little Guys & Dolls at Starlight, then perhaps some time on the town. The world is our oyster.

In 4

No comments:

Post a Comment