Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Blog #29: Murphy's Law

I have a very good reason for my absence. I wrecked my car and almost died. Okay, so I'm being a little melodramatic. Last Thursday I DID in fact wreck poor Nessie Nissan on 635 on my way to work, totaling her and scaring the crap out of me. In fact, it is seriously an act of God that I walked away without so much as a scratch only with some stiffness the next day. I didn't write because within two weeks I would have had a "boyfriend broke up with me" post and a "I wrecked my car" post and I was really worried about my blog looking like a bad Taylor Swift song. The truth is, I did have a couple weeks where everything seemed to fall apart and I felt out of control, but sometimes what can go wrong, will go wrong and you just have to shake it off and move on. Thank you, Murphy's Law. The truth is, I'm actually REALLY good. Not just fine, not just getting by or making it work - I'm GOOD. Happy even. Stress made for about 6 pounds of bonus weight loss so I've been feeling great and looking great and really coming into my own as far as the whole confidence thing goes. The "rage" mood is gone and replaced with a "whatever don't need him" mood and I'm moving on. So, please consider this the last mention of the break up. A quick list of a number of things that I don't know yet because I'm totally doing this on the fly: 1. I'm car shopping this weekend. For a used car. This would be terrifying if I were doing it on my own because I am an easy sell and would probably pay sticker for a car that only runs long enough to get me out of the lot and then dies. Lucky for me, my stepdad is a frugal negotiating machine, and will accompany me to be sure that I get a safe, reliable, and nice vehicle for a good deal. I'm really just there to look pretty and sign the down payment check. 2. School and internship stuff is FINALLY picking up and I feel woefully behind. All of the extra stuff going on in my life that I'm not talking about anymore took up a lot of brain power and energy and now it's time for me to buckle down and get to it. 3. Solace House, the only center for grief counseling in Kansas City, is awesome. I love the work that I've gotten to do there so far in group and can't wait to get clients on my own. I feel so good about being there to listen to someone who needs to talk, and it always serves the purpose of adjusting my perspective. 4. I got an iPhone!!!! It's changed my life already and I've only had it for four days. My main goals in life are to get better at Angry Birds and Words with Friends. Priorities, people. 5. GNO was a smashing success. I might share a couple of pictures soon. There was and is a lot more going on but this is already very long and I imagine not very charming or witty like I try to be so I'm going to say adieu and try again when it's not so overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment