Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Blog #183: About Face!

When I was last here things were pretty bleak. Every sugary food looked irresistible and all I wanted in life was wine and cheese. I am now proud to say I made it through what I will now refer to as "the darkest timeline" of my food experiment and am on the other side feeling awesome. For those considering giving it a try, beware days 9-13. If we weren't having such wonderful weather that week I don't know how I would have pushed through.
Breakfast every day.

In other news, I've been feeling pretty great for about a week now but haven't had time to update because if I'm not working or sleeping I am in the kitchen either prepping, cooking, cleaning up after cooking/prepping, or eating my food. Or I'm at the grocery store spending all my money on food. To recap, approximately 75% of my waking non work hours are spent in a food related manner. I haven't quite nailed down a way to be efficient while also not boring myself to death. So, that is a thing I will not miss.
All food prep all thr time

Veggie noodles though

Today is DAY TWENTY ONE. That means by the end of the day I will be 3/4 the way done with my challenge! I've officially entered the home stretch. I am sleeping soundly, waking up refreshed, and maintaining consistent energy throughout the day. I have noticed a visual difference in my body and my clothes are fitting better. I have not had any stomach issues. My favorite thing in the world is bananas sprinkled with cinnamon and dipped in salted cashew butter. Nut butters have to be relegated to "post workout only" or I will eat them by the spoonful straight from the jar. The other day someone brought donuts to a morning meeting and they didn't even SOUND good to me. I have not had any real sugar cravings in a week. I did miss having some wine at book club last night, but it didn't take away from my good time.
I want to eat it all

Can't wait to finish this bad boy and check out results. I'm a little disappointed I couldn't find my tape measure before I started because I'm pretty certain I've lost some significant belly fat. We will just have to let pictures do the talking.
Left: day 0 right: day 10
One more thing, I've been doing the p90x kenpo workout because it's easier on my bum ankle and also super fun and as a motivational thing the trainer, Tony, said about one of the participants "Wesley only bleeds on the inside!" It is distracting to me every time because I ALWAYS think "internal bleeding is pretty serious, Tony. Is Wesley ok?". I just wanted to share that with you.
Post kenpo  workout. Hopefully not internally bleeding.


#onemoreweek #bringit


No comments:

Post a Comment