Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Blog #182: A Monday Drag (whole 28 update)

I have been raving and raving about how I’ve been feeling on this plan and quite honestly, this is the truth.

But today.

Today is hard. Today I miss EVERY FOOD. This is DESPITE the amazing dinner I made myself last night. Just look at it!


And at this moment not even that amazing dinner sounds good to me. You know what sounds good to me? Donuts. Bagels. Pizza. OH GOD PIZZA. BEER. WINE.

Today I woke up easier than I had been, though I had a bit of a headache. I am coming to the end of my groceries (due to shop Friday) and my planned breakfast (2 hard boiled eggs, half an avocado, and a couple clementines) did NOT sound remotely appetizing. I basically choked it down. I packed my planned lunch (also didn’t sound appetizing) and went to work.

Then, in one of our meetings, someone brought these amazing custom donuts from Cosentinos. There was Red Velvet, chocolate chip, giant glazed… THEY LOOKED LIKE THE BEST THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO ME. I wasn’t hungry but I wanted one of those donuts more than anything. I was still thinking about them an hour later. My black coffee and water chugging were doing nothing to help. I knew better than to cave to the sugar craving with a Larabar – because though it is compliant the motivation for it would not be in the spirit of what I’m trying to do.

Right next to the refrigerator where I get my water and store my lunch, there are currently 2 bags of bagels, a box of peanut butter patties and a box of lemonades (2 of my top 3 girl scout cookie choices). I see them every time I go to fill up my water bottle. They speak to me. They say “Marissa, look! All of your favorite carbs and sugar!”

Today is hard. And I am officially out of eggs.


Luckily it’s a beautiful day and I got to be out in the 80+ degree weather being active and allowing my body to use it’s real fuel instead of a bunch of sugar for my workout before I get back to lead a grief recovery group (and thus get a nice reminder of what’s REALLY hard… because “having” to avoid all the yummy things I want is not really HARD.)

#Ihatemondays #nomoreeggsplease #day9

1 comment:

  1. Run, don't walk...to the nearest exit. At this point, it's all we can do. #onethirdfunanddone

    ReplyDelete