Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blog #87: Fall is creeping up on us...

And I for one, am thrilled. I've decided to dedicate Friday evening to total closet organization. I'm going to get everything all set up and ready so that I can start making the most of this season. After all, next weekend is Labor day (which is the "unofficial" start of Fall) and all the great things about Fall will be quick to follow that, like the first football games, the pumpkin spice latte, and the appropriate time to wear boots. BOOTS. Oh, I have missed you so. Here are a few things that are going to be on my mind:

1. Getting full inventory of possible layering opportunities (tanks, tshirts, long sleeves, cardigans, scarves)
2. Figuring out what key pieces I should shop for to complete my Fall wardrobe (in my mind I'm already thinking of long socks to layer under boots, and a pair of knee high low heeled brown boots. Oh, and tights to wear with boots under shorts)
3. Finding an organized way to keep my accessories (I want it to be easy to add belts, jewelry, and scarves to any outfit.)
4. Getting all my sweaters back out and in their place. It will probably be October before they are actually appropriate for wear, but I want to be ready for that.
5. Boxing up some things that I feel I am definitely done with for the season (this will make it easier for me come moving time in February.)

I'll be doing all this while blasting sing a long music (lately, I've been on Adele. Is there a better artist to sing along to with passion and vigor into a hairbrush microphone? I don't believe so.) and watching preseason football. Go Chiefs (look, we are not a preseason team, and I'm fine with that. Winning in the preseason is like the points on Whose Line is it Anyway. It doesn't matter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment