Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blog #83: Eventful

This might start off a little whiny but I'll try to reign myself in. Yesterday after a "leave the apartment before 6am get home after 9pm" day, I watched a single episode of FNL and went straight to bed. I was exhausted, and I knew I needed to get up at a decent time in the morning because I had to actually get ready for work and not just use the "first clothes I see on the floor maybe brush my hair maybe not" method for getting ready, as has been my habit lately. That's because today we have some important potential clients coming in and have to look extra nice. I avoided the disaster of picking out a decent outfit with fuzzy morning brain by setting out an outfit before I went to bed. I thought I'd be set. Then, I woke up this morning and all I could think of was how much my throat hurt and how even the mere act of showering seemed unbelievably daunting. Oh no. Not this. Not today. Not right now. Somehow, I got out of bed, got ready and got to work. I began to feel hungry on the drive in, which I took as a good sign. Oatmeal sounded so good and I knew it would feel good on my throat, BUT, it would require getting up from my desk to make AND eating it with a spoon. Both of these things seemed like too much work, so I had a scratchy granola bar instead. I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY TO PUT A BOWL IN THE MICROWAVE AND EAT WITH A SPOON. Fantastic.

My weekend was wonderful though! Friday I saw Mamma Mia at Starlight with MY mamma, and it was delightful, seriously so fun. Saturday was a rough day at Solace House but followed by an evening with this guy:
We danced, we played, we ate ice cream and Cole practiced his best Blue Steel. It was the best. Sunday I got to sleep in and then almost died in a scary thunderstorm on the side of the road on 635. No seriously, that happened. I went off meet someone to sell some stuff from Craigslist and noticed it was getting cloudy/windy. And then on the way home like THAT boom, it was torrential downpour and hail and thunder and lightning. I seriously could not see 3 feet in any direction and had to try to pull over just hoping to God there wasn't any other cars around. I may have screamed and cried. No judging. Anyhow, almost as quick as it came it left and I treated myself to a QT Freezoni to calm my nerves. Then I picked up the little cousin and took her to her first ever concert - Sugarland at the Sprint Center! It was good times.

Of course, it also meant that I did not get any sleep Sunday night... and the week started off on a sleep deficit right away, which is probably why I'm feeling so sickly and weak right now. Work has been busy with my boss getting back from his 3 week vacation, so I haven't had much of a spare second to catch up myself.  I'm nursing a coffee in hopes that it energizes me for the day ahead. Yeesh.Bright side... FOOTBALL RETURNS THIS WEEK! I find preseason football as pointless and annoying as the next person, but am so excited in general that NFL football will be on TV again that I don't even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment