Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog #55: Obsession.

I'm sorry, but I can NOT get over The Airborne Toxic Event. I mean, really we should have all seen this coming a few months ago when I felt like I needed their new album to even continue breathing and was scrambling for every possible piece of music they'd ever released and listened to their rendition of "The Book of Love" at least 4 times a day. I just can't put my finger on exactly what it is about them that has made them such a drug to me, though if I had to guess I'd say it had something to do with the thoughtful, poignant lyrics and the raw emotion in Mikel's voice as he sees them, as well as the perfect timing in which he places each word or phrase. I guess I did just put my finger on it afterall. It's not even just their new stuff that I'm hooked on. "Sometime Around Midnight" STILL makes me sigh and get a distant look of melancholic nostalgia and that's from over 2 years ago.

It's too bad that I can't move past TATE, because I've already told you about them and I actually have a lot of good things to say about some other bands right now like Noah and the Whale, A Silent Film, and Two Door Cinema Club. But every time I want to say something about music, all that comes out is how into TATE I am. I am head over heels for them. Smitten, even. It's love. In a few weeks I'll find out if they are as good live as they are on my iPod. It's been awhile since I've been this excited about a concert.

Speaking of unhealthy fixations, the Royal Wedding is tomorrow! You may be asking "Who in their right mind would get up at 3am just to watch two strangers in another country get married?" to which I reply, "THIS GIRL." I haven't been soaking up as much of the TV Specials and coverage as I'd like, but I have been keeping a keen eye out for any magazine with features on it, if for no other reason than to look at pictures of Kate Middleton. She's so pretty. And she has the best clothes. And she has so much poise. I can't decide if I want to be her or if I just wish we were best friends. Not that my best friend (also a Cate) isn't awesome, because she totally is. Plus, she let me wear a maid of honor sash for her wedding reception and Kate Middleton didn't even invite me to hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment