Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blog #59: We're still here.

So the world DIDN'T actually end Saturday, nor did the rapture happen, nor did we blow ourselves up. (I REALLY appreciate Harold Camping for giving me an excuse to share that internet classic again)

This is good news because I've been putting a lot of effort and energy into grad school with the assumption that it was a long term benefit that would outweigh all the short term costs. It would be such a waste to have the world end before I could get done. I was counting on the apocalypse a little bit though with my food choices Friday and Saturday. I mean, if the world is going to end, it's not going to end before I eat a lot of Chik Filet and Pretzel M&Ms, okay?

Enough about all that. I have a short list of fun things because my blog has been much heavier than I ever intended lately.

1. Thanks to Groupon, I had my first experience with Smash Burger today. Let me just say - Delicious. I must be low on iron or something because I had been flat out fantasizing about a juicy hamburger all day.

2. Pinterest. Where has it been all my life? What did I do before I knew about it? It's taking my fashion obsession to a whole new level.

3. Shuffleboard. To continue the idea that my boss is the coolest, he has started a shuffleboard tournament with our management team. He named me "Uber Shuffleboard World Series Commissioner". I'm still a team member, and yes it is a conflict of interest. But as the Commish, I say it's okay. My rulings will be strong but fair. I get to do things like randomly interrupt a game and make up rules like "you must sing "I feel pretty" before every time you have a turn". I'm pretty sure I get to add this to my resume when all is said and done.

4. I'm still working on building a fashion resume and considering starting a daily outfit blog. It's going to take some time and a better camera. Stay tuned over the next few months though. I'll probably start by posting a couple of outfits here.

5. THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT!!! At first I was thinking I didn't have a 5th thing but then I remembered I went to this concert last weekend and it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. They were excellent live. Anna, the viola player, is the COOLEST. She's my new girl crush/style icon.  Mikel, lead singer, came out into the floor at the end and signed autographs and I SHOOK HIS HAND AND GOT A PICTURE WITH HIM. I love him. It's love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Riss! I just took the time to catch up with you, and I found out you started anew! (See what I did there?)

    I love Words and Musings, I started reading you for that title...and now I am glad to see that even if you found the "old" blog stale, anyone worth their eyesight didn't...but thanks for keeping your musings going for those of us who delight in giving our time to a worthwhile grammarian and word-muser who is clearly destined for success in all her endeavors. Your energy (and honesty about its occasional absence!) help me when I remember to check in with you, which should be more often. Riss, Never, Ever Stop Thinking, or Blogging, for all our sakes!

    Warm Regards,
    Margarita

    ReplyDelete