Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blog #149: So long, 2012.

We made it. It's 2013 now which means I should say some things about the ups and downs of 2012 and hopes and dreams and goals for this year because that's what people do when there's a new year.

If I were going easy on myself, my goals would be to listen to the new Les Mis soundtrack as much as possible and make sure I see every episode of season 3 of Downton Abbey.

But I might need to be slightly more ambitious.

Anyhow, 2012 was full of memories to be treasured, so let's focus on that for now. Here are some favorites:

- An entire year without a paper to write or a test to study for.
- Weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks when BF became BF and we hung out with my BFF for Memorial Day
- The perks of having a 2nd job... that also helps keep me sharp in my field :)
- Colorado family reunion for my Aunt's 50th birthday.
- "I love you" outside a coffee shop in Parkville after a wonderful dinner at Cafe Italia while talking about silly day to day things and getting ready to go see The Dark Knight.
- Got a roomie for keeping company and splitting costs!
- Labor day in Branson with BF and his fam.
- Got a brand new baby nephew. Those are the best.
- NYC!!! Loved traveling with boyfriend to see the sights. And hang out with Tina Fey. Sort of.
- Thanksgiving at Big Cedar with my fam & BF
- Hosted my first Christmas Baking Day at my apartment to continue the tradition with mom & sis.
- Making new family traditions and joining in on others' old ones.
-2 Austin trips. One way back in May and the other just recently with the BF in tow. I have lots to share from the more recent one and can't wait to show you all the fun we had.
- Ringing in the New Year with a kiss from my love!
- Pretty much everything related to spending time with boyfriend. We have been having probably too much fun. More than our share.

So, a large part of the good in 2012 was due to a certain special someone it would seem. I may have just become "that girl." That's okay.

I'm so excited about 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment